Rainier is looking for an outgoing and adventurous teammate to join our shade sales team! This position would support our quickly growing shade division. The ability to think on your feet and problem solve while maintaining a professional demeanor is essential for this position.
Rainier values all its employees and this position offers immense opportunities for growth as we are continuing to expand. We appreciate attitudes that are ready for a challenge and offer inventive new ways for us to improve.
We are seeking two territory managers (one east coast and one west coast) who have the necessary skills and experience to roll up their sleeves and jump right into the workflow. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of organization and will have sufficient technical expertise to effectively prioritize and manage the fast-paced workload. Must be highly committed to delivering top notch customer service.
We have high expectations for the quality of our product and those expectations transfer to our team as well. You will be an example of who Rainier is as a company in the eye of our clients, and must uphold our core values: Have Fun, Be easy to do business with, Work hard, Be disciplined and Always protect the team. Come and join the Rainier team!
Rainier offers numerous great benefits to our employees including:
- Affordable Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance (paid by Rainier)
- 401K with match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
Essential Job Functions
- Develop dealer partners who will effectively cover all market segments (Screens and Awnings) within geography and increase Rainier Shade market share.
- Implement strategic sales plans; develop territory budget and sales forecasts. Schedule daily activities to focus on prospecting and developing new business.
- Drive growth of existing accounts.
- Provide excellent response time and service to both prospects and clients.
- Self -develop to improve sales knowledge and sales skills (particularly closing skills).
- Continuously develop excellent product knowledge of targeted product types, specifically Rainier Shadeproducts.
- Conduct product knowledge trainings about our products and pricing programs with dealers.
- Assist in the development of new sales programs and processes.
- Regularly communicate strategic and tactical information to sales leadership regarding competitors in assigned territory and region.
- Manage the job role’s expense budget.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with decision makers through use of creative problem solving, accurate information, and timely responses.
- Frequent travel throughout the assigned territory, which will require regular some overnight stays; valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge / Skills / Personal Characteristics
- Fluid and confident verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills with an ability to convey strong, clear, concise messages to target audiences including employees, customers, and industry groups; interact with and motivate cross-functional company groups.
- Cohesive interpersonal and relationship-building skills at multiple levels.
- Solution-oriented and innovative thinking abilities.
- Developed organizational skills, intuition, and reasoning abilities.
- High energy, self-directed, professionally confident, and self-motivated.
- Approachable, collaborative, and presents with appropriate business acumen.
- Self-manage priorities and deadlines.
- Aptitude to work with required technology, software applications (MS Office Suite), CRM platforms, Epicor /SAP
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree or equivalent industry experience.
- 2+ years of outside sales in a dealer-based territory.
- Premium building and outdoor/shade products experience required.
- Windows & Door industry experience given additional consideration.