Rainier Industries, the Northwest leader in Display, Shade, and Shelter solutions is seeking a Packaging Specialist to support our Shelter Division. Come help us meet the rising demands of our growing and dynamic Tukwila facility!
We are seeking a Packaging Specialist who has the necessary skills and experience to roll up his or her sleeves and jump right into the production workflow. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of organization and will have sufficient technical expertise to effectively prioritize and manage the fast-paced workload. Must be highly committed to delivering top notch customer service on a tightly managed schedule.
With a steady schedule of Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm (overtime may be applicable during our peak season) and a compensation level of 13+/hr you won’t want to miss this opportunity! You will be a part of a diverse team where leadership and ingenuity are encouraged and accepted. By no means is this a stagnant position, there is immense opportunity for growth. Rainier values every employee and if you work hard, and are disciplined in your everyday routine, the possibilities are endless. Everyone at Rainier has a pathway to success and this could be your first step! Come and join our team!
Rainier offers numerous great benefits to our employees including:
Affordable Medical and Dental Insurance
401K with match
Paid Time Off
Teammate Appreciation Events
The following are factors that all Rainier employees must follow to meet Rainier’s performance standards:
Job Skills – While it seems obvious that having the necessary skills to be able to perform your job is a must, we want not only that but to have you continually grow yourself. Learn from each problem that arises and solve it! Always be flexible and never turn down an opportunity to learn something new. Being cross trained only makes you more of an asset.
Quality – As stated before we have very high standards for the quality of our product. This requires you to be disciplined, accurate and detail oriented when quality checking product. This focus as well as understanding Rainier’s procedures will also help you keep your work free of mistakes and errors. Maintaining a clean and organized work area is also a necessity.
Productivity – From when you clock-in to when you clock-out you should be focused and working with a sense of urgency. Working hard is not over looked here, it is respected. Showing up on time and being a reliable and responsible team member is essential for any team to be successful.
Attitude – We want you to enjoy what you do! Having fun at work is important to us and we want it to be important to you. As we are one team, we should always treat other teammates with dignity and respect. This helps to create a welcoming and encouraging atmosphere for everyone to work in!
The following are necessary skills and specific tasks which shall be completed with a high level of proficiency:
• Perform packaging duties such as lifting, packaging, taping, labeling, counting and sorting.
• Package to ensure safest arrival of unharmed merchandise to the customer, while minimizing waste.
• Maintain accurate inventory and WIP in ERP system
• Move product and inventory using a forklift and/or pallet jack
• Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department manager
• Execute and document quality issues per SOP
• Break down cardboard for recycling
• Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time. May also engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling and other forms of repetitive motion.
• Perform related duties as required by manager
• Support Rainier’s Quality and Environmental policies.
• Support the Rainier Safety Initiative.
• Remain flexible to other tasks assigned by your Supervisor or Manager.